Family Connection (Naviance)
The Plum Borough School District is pleased to introduce Family Connection from Naviance, a Web-based service designed especially for students and parents.
Family Connection is a comprehensive Web site that you and your student can use to help in making decisions about colleges and careers.
Family Connection is linked with Counselor's Office, a service that is used in the PHS Guidance Office to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that's specific to PHS.
Family Connection will allow you and your high school student to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process - Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges - Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from students who have already applied
- Common Application- Click here to learn how to use the Common Application through Naviance. https://vimeo.com/102639828
- How to add colleges & request transcript https://vimeo.com/101520088
- Completing the FERPA Release Authorization https://youtu.be/7jBJEsYN_hA
Family Connection also lets us share information with you and your child about up-coming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other Web resources for college and career information.
In addition, the site includes a link that your child can use to send us an e-mail message. To visit our school's Family Connection site, use your Web browser to connect to:
When you visit the site for the first time:
- Enter your personal User Id and Password that is available in the Guidance Department
Click Here for Naviance Parent Brochure and Here for a Quick Reference Guide.
We hope that you will find this resource helpful. If you have further questions about Family Connection, please contact the Guidance Office.