Help Desk Administrator
Reports to: Director of Educational Technology
Purpose: The Help Desk Administrator is the lead support technician for the school district.
- Handles Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk requests via phone, email, and in person calls from faculty, staff, and students of the district.
- Manages district IT inventory system.
- Provides desk side support for Windows 7, Apple OSX, and Microsoft Office products.
- Assigns support tasks to part-time support personnel.
- Manages Active Directory, Windows updates (WSUS), and Google Apps server.
- Provides data to the Director of Educational Technology regarding support tickets and resolution status.
- Recommends upgrades to hardware and software to the Director of Educational Technology in order to maintain the operation and security of district computers.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Educational Technology.
Skills/Qualifications: Must be a team player who can multi-task, prioritize, take direction, perform well under pressure, and be able to meet demanding (sometimes short and inflexible) deadlines. Ideal candidate should have a strong working knowledge of Windows 7; Apple OSX; Active Directory; WSUS; hardware and software installation, repair, and maintenance; and system imaging. Ideal candidate should also have a passion for solving complex IT problems; have a focus on quality; broad technical understanding; be a quick study; be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities; and have a desire to learn and share knowledge with others.
Technology Proficiencies: Microsoft Active Directory, WSUS, Google Apps, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, experience with Apple OSX a plus.
Required Education & Experience: Associate’s degree in computer science, information systems, network administration or closely related field, and two to three years working experience in a help desk support role; OR five years experience working in a help desk support role. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in a school district or university help desk setting.
Certifications: Individuals with any of the following certifications will be given preference: MCSE (Windows 7 or above), MCSA (2008 or above), MCP, A+, and/or HDI.
Cover Letter: In your cover letter, please address (in detail) your experience working with Microsoft Active Directory, WSUS, hardware and software support, and any experience managing a group of help desk professionals.
Starting Salary: $42,167
Benefits: A very generous and comprehensive benefits package including health care; dental; vision; life insurance; retirement; vacation, sick, and personal days; district paid cell phone; mileage reimbursement; and tuition assistance.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, names and contact information for three (3) professional references, Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances, and transcripts by March 31, 2014 to:
Mr. Michael Brewer
Director of Administrative Services
Plum Borough School District
900 Elicker Road
Plum, PA 15239